ATMA Journey Centers, inc. Code of Ethics
At ATMA Journey Centers, Inc, we are committed to upholding the highest standards of ethical conduct in the field of psychedelic-assisted therapy training. Our Intention is to provide comprehensive education and support to practitioners involved in this transformational form of therapy. This Code Ethics serves as a guiding framework for those associated with our company. By adhering to this code, we aim to promote safety, integrity and responsibility within the psychedelic-assisted therapy community.
- 1. Professional Competence and Responsibility:
- 1.1 ATMA and its employees shall maintain and advance their professional knowledge and skills in the field of psychedelic-assisted therapy through continuous education and training.
- 1.2 ATMA will select professionals and educators highly skilled and qualified in the area of psychedelic-assisted therapy to support its training programs and provide relevant educational content and guidance to trainees.
- 1.3 ATMA shall take responsibility for the well-being and safety of our trainees, ensuring that training programs, both didactic and experiential, are conducted in a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment.
- 1.4 ATMA, and its employees, shall not exploit trainees, engage in inappropriate relationships, or use their positions for personal gain.
- 2. Confidentiality and Privacy:
- 2.1 ATMA shall uphold the utmost respect for the privacy and confidentiality of our trainees and their clients.
- 2.2 ATMA and its employees shall maintain strict confidentiality regarding any personal, medical, or therapeutic information shared by trainees, unless required by law or with explicit consent.
- 2.3 ATMA shall inform trainees about the importance of maintaining confidentiality and provide clear guidelines on how to protect client privacy.
- 3. Ethical Conduct:
- 3.1 ATMA, its employees, consultants, contractors and training programs shall adhere to all applicable laws and regulations regarding psychedelic-assisted therapy training. Understanding applicable laws and regulations will vary from region to region, ATMA encourages trainees to seek out and understand appropriate use in their region.
- 3.2 We shall refrain from engaging in any form of discrimination, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or socioeconomic status.
- 3.3 ATMA and its employees shall maintain professional boundaries, avoiding any form of dual relationships with trainees that may compromise objectivity or create conflicts of interest.
- 3.4 ATMA shall respect the autonomy and dignity of trainees, fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment free from harassment or discrimination.
- 4. Informed Consent and Safety:
- 4.1 ATMA shall emphasize the importance of informed consent in all aspects of psychedelic-assisted therapy training, ensuring trainees understand the risks, benefits and potential outcome.
- 4.2 ATMA and its employees shall prioritize trainee safety and well-being throughout the training process, including addressing physical and psychological challenges that may arise.
- 4.3 ATMA shall provide trainees with accurate and evidence-based information, emphasizing responsible and ethical use of psychedelic substances. ATMA promotes the safety of those delivering and receiving psychedelic-assisted therapy.
- 5. Collaboration and Referrals:
- 5.1 We encourage collaboration among professionals in the field of psychedelic-assisted therapy, fostering a spirit of openness, sharing and mutual respect.
- 5.2 ATMA, its employees, and trainers shall recognize their own limitations and refer trainees to appropriate resources, professionals, or support when necessary.
- 5.3 ATMA shall promote interdisciplinary cooperation and encourage trainees to work within ethical frameworks established by their own respective professions.
- 6. Continuous Improvement:
- 6.1 ATMA shall regularly review and update our training programs, ensuring they align with the latest research, best practices and ethical guidelines in psychedelic-assisted therapy.
- 6.2 ATMA welcomes feedback from trainees and the broader professional community, using it to improve our training offerings and organizational practices.
- 6.3 ATMA and its employees shall engage in regular self-reflection and seek opportunities for professional growth, fostering a commitment to ongoing improvement.
By adhering to this Code of Ethics, ATMA aims to foster a culture of integrity, responsibility, and respect within our company and the greater psychedelic-assisted therapy community.